Tuesday, November 30, 2010

So Crazy!


I cannot believe it… it is the last day of November! What a busy month, full of trips and lots of fun! I have experience and learned a lot these past 30 days and like every month, I would like to share them with you!

So here it goes – lessons learned during November:

- Italians LOVE their stairs… walking up and down St. Patrick’s well in the hill town Orvieto (which I will write a blog about sometime…) was torture. It was 274 steps down which means there were 274 steps up – you know you are out of shape when a grandmother passes you and is not even breathing hard.

- Flushing a toilet takes about two people (one should preferably be a rocket scientist).

- My cooking skills are not that amazing – at the cooking class, the instructor told me that American girls couldn’t cook.

- The Uffizi and the Louvre are the two biggest museums I have ever seen… I would need to camp out in them for at least 6 weeks to be able to see everything.

- Gelato is still amazing, even if it is raining and freezing cold outside.

- Soccer is not a pastime here; it is a way of life. You dedicate your loyalties to one team only and you are then the sworn enemy of an opposing team’s fan base.

- Movie theaters have intermission…

- You know when you are becoming a true Italian when the first language that comes out of your mouth is Italian, even when you are trying to talk French to Parisians.

- The American diner in Florence makes great milkshakes – they make long study sessions a little more bearable.

- The Mercato Centrale is officially my favorite place in Florence.

- Dublin is a gothic wonderland, Paris is a metropolitan epicenter, and Florence is an old soul – all so different but all so amazing.

- The Florentine city Christmas tree has a security detail that protects it from vandals.

- Italy is a great place to live! I can’t believe I only have less than three weeks left!

Ciao!

1 comment: