Sunday, September 19, 2010

Grazie...


I just got home from Verona and I am exhausted, so the extensive blog will come tomorrow… What I learned this weekend was that I am so grateful for all the love and support from America.

This blog was started to help me reflect and remember my adventures here in Florence, but it has turned into a way to incorporate you, my readers, into my life here. Studying abroad is the biggest change (and challenge, in a good way) in my life so far, and I love it so much. I would be lying to say that I am not homesick; standing on a hill overlooking Verona, I was hit with a wave of emotion. I wanted to be standing on that hill with all my family and friends and share with them the view I was seeing. At that moment, I wished with all my might that teleportation existed – that with a snap of my fingers, everyone who I care for could be with me. It kills me to be seeing all these wonders and not be able to share them at that moment with the people I love.

I am so blessed and thankful for being given such a great opportunity. Thank you for the emails, blog comments, social networking comments, and verbal support. I appreciate it all and I am so glad that you are following my blog and participating in my adventures.

Grazie mille, baci, and ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Bella Catherine, I wish I were there with you too Koukla! But I am reading your blog and feel like I am with you with your vivid descriptions of your adventures. I am so proud of you!
    Love, Thea Cleo

    ReplyDelete